What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
A cookie can be classified by its lifespan and the domain to which it belongs. By lifespan, a cookie is either a:
- session cookie which is erased when the user closes the browser or
- persistent cookie which remains on the user’s computer/device for a pre-defined period of time.
As for the domain to which it belongs, there are either:
- first-party cookies which are set by the web server of the visited page and share the same domain
What types of cookies are we using?
This is the list of the different kind of cookies we are using:
- Analysis cookies: These are cookies used for making analysis, research or statistics in order to improve the website experience. When using this cookies we can show more relevant information to you as a visitor.
- Social Network Cookies: On our website you will find buttons to be able to share the content on your social media platforms. These cookies allow you to share content without re-entering your login data when you are sharing content. We will not be able to access the data you are entering by sharing, meaning we will not see the post you are making on your social media profile.
- Personalization Cookies: These cookies allow you to customize some of the characteristics of the Website and when you come back we can show you the Website in the same customized way again. Examples are define the language, font size, regional configuration or browser type.
- Cookies of External Add-Ins: We are offering content on our Website which is from third parties, for example, videos from YouTube. The provider of this content has their own cookies, these cookies are necessary for you to access this service and are governed by the provisions of their respective cookies policies.
- Technical Cookies: These cookies allow you as the user to navigate through the Website identifying the session, with a single login, access restricted access parts, remember the elements of an order, proceed with an order and they remember selections in forms that are filled out on the website or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcast videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Advertising Cookies: These allow the management of advertising space in the most efficient way based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioural Advertising Cookies: These allow the management of advertising space in the most efficient way based on the data the cookies collect. These cookies store information on the behaviour of you obtained through observing your browsing habits on our Website, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based what fits best to you.
It is important to emphasize that these technologies are not intrusive, since all information obtained through cookies is completely anonymous, and in no case can be associated to you as a specific and identifiable user. The information given by cookies allows EpicLabs to adapt and improve its Services to the interests of users. However, the user has the option to prevent the generation of cookies, which might lead to longer loading times of the website.
How to control cookies?
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work. This can be done in the “options” or “settings” of your browser.
You can find more information about how to change the cookie settings in your browser through the following links:
Technical description of cookies used
We are using different kinds of cookies for different purposes. Here you can see which cookies we use for what purpose and what the duration of the cookies is:
– Technical cookies: Are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the application for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcast videos or sound or share content through social networks.
– Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
– Cookies of analysis: Are those that well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. To do this, we analyze your browsing on our website in order to improve the offer of products or services we offer you.
– Advertising cookies: These are those that, whether processed by us or by third parties, allow us to manage in the most efficient way possible the offer of the advertising spaces on the website, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the requested service or to the use you make of our website. For this we can analyze your browsing habits on the Internet and we can show you advertisements related to your browsing profile.
– Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
We will not use the cookies for any other purpose than described above!
Request more information