We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer that is passionate about the Software, Internet and Communications world to join our Engineering team in Madrid.
WHO YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH
Epic Labs’ core is a team of top engineers with years of deep expertise in Internet and video transmission technologies. The potential for learning and growth are huge. We are looking for someone with talent and that is eager to learn and participate of a creativity and innovation culture while giving their best to help us achieve our objective of delivering for our customers applications that are absolutely excellent.
AREAS OF WORK
The responsibilities of a Full Stack Software Engineer are to integrate him/herself in the engineering team working together on these areas:
- Participate in the design, retrospective and estimation sessions. The team follows Agile/SCRUM methodology tailored to each product or project
- Research technologies to solve a particular problem, delivering test code that demonstrates what has been found and that helps with the integration of the result in the main codebase.
- Implement functionality to deliver user stories, as specified by the team (which includes you).
- Develop test code and check new functionality works as expected.
What are we looking for? Fundamentally, passion for what you do.
- Working experience in a similar role
- A degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, a similar degree or equivalent knowledge out of your personal experience that you can demonstrate
- Medium to high English level. Ability to write clear documents in English such as designs as well as problem resolution reports. Most meetings take place in English.
- At ease with HTML and CSS
- Experience with one or more of these front-end frameworks: AngularJS, React, Polymer, Vue.js …
YOU SHOULD BE FAMILIAR WITH
- Software development lifecycle (requirements, design, implementation, testing and releases). Source code control systems like Git
- Test-driven development methodologies, frameworks like Mocha, Jasmine, Karma…
- Linux OS and bash command line
- Containerization and Docker
- Network protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP and REST APIs
- Distributed systems and databases such as MySQL, Postgres and others of ”nosql” type like MongoDB o CouchDB
THE SOFT SKILLS, PROCESS AND METHODOLOGIES
- Ability to handle multiple issues at a time in a fast paced environment
- Good communication skills
- Agile methodologies like SCRUM
- Work with an outstanding Team of software engineers
- Get involved in international Tier 1 projects
- Flexible working hours
- Occasional flexible hours to work from home
- Sweet equipment: Top Macbook Pro or Lenovo depending on your skills and taste
- Enjoy the Labs!: an open-space laid back working environment
- Inspiring environment to learn and develop yourself with training opportunities
- Propose and develop personal projects
- Share breakfast with the Team and occasional lunch at the Labs
ABOUT EPIC LABS
Epic Labs was founded in 2015 by four engineers from Akamai and EMC with the mission of helping companies with their digital transformation and innovation processes, applying Agile methodologies and helping our customers adopt and leverage new technologies that allow them to obtain a competitive advantage in the market. To always be on the bleeding edge and be able to deliver to our customers with products of excellent quality that will lead them to success, we commit ourselves to attract, take care of and grow the best talent. Our Labs are an open space specially designed so that our team can develop their creativity, learn and enjoy building awesome applications and software for our customers. Learn more about us on http://epiclabs.io
We are eager to hear from you. E-mail us at email@example.com with your résumé.